Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Feeding dogs in a basic kennel.
 KC Golden Ridge
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/4/2017 10:41:11 AM reply with quote send message to KC Golden Ridge Object to Post   

What's the best food to feed your dogs in a basic kennel
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
10/4/2017 12:09:44 PM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

When the condition is below 20, I use Top Dog Condition Formula, as it does not cause the muscle or coat to drop. If it's a pup under 14 days, I put it on Super Duper Puppy. Once everything is to 20s I move them to Pet House for Adult Dogs. happy :)

Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2017 11:38:33 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Thanks wonder how long I can make it without upgrading. I just seem to notice quite a few standard kennels also maybe having one or 2 basics. Just wondering how long can I stand not to upgrade LOL. Not saying anything bad about premium members having a basic I believe they have them because of a system I have yet to figure out. Can someone help me to know the positive concept of having a basic kennel along with there premium kennels any feedback would be appreciated so I can know what I can do positive with having a basic plus my other kennels in my family accoun

Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2017 6:18:45 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Users are all allowed one basic kennel.

K

Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2017 11:18:34 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I'm not sure there is a particular benefit for a standard to have a Basic, but they can, just one as was stated. It depends on the user.

I guess they get the first 30 days breeding privilege. They could be adding a premium but taking advantage of the 30 days free. (I think I've done that with most of my additions.)

They could run a Basic as a sessioning/finishing service which keeps a number of Basics engaged (and potentially upgrading eventually.

Ultimately I think, a Basic kennel should have minimal (that doesn't mean "no"wink ;) interaction with the standard in the long term.

This is however, just my opinion. Others may feel differently.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/7/2017 11:25:08 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Got logged out in mid-composition.

I just wanted to add that I think having serial-Basics, as in abandoning one and opening another every 30 days, would be considered an abuse of the system.
 SPECTRUM.
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2017 12:32:39 AM reply with quote send message to SPECTRUM. Object to Post

I have this basic but also have a couple of standards (premium). I have a finishing project in this basic which I find quite engaging and interesting. I finish just one dog of every breed in reverse alphabetical order (so in the end they all appear alphabetically on my Finished dogs list). The challenge is finishing them in this order and no other, and a lot of breeds have close to no exhibitors which makes it really hard. I have fun with it! Never even bred dogs here.
 Foxfire Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/19/2017 11:09:07 AM reply with quote send message to Foxfire Kennel Object to Post

When buying from a premium kennel you could always ask the seller you are interested in buying to put them on a premium feed if their conditions are not all 20s yet. That will help condition your dog much quicker. Once your dogs quality is all 20s you then can switch to Pet House for Adult Dogs happy :)
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
11/19/2017 5:51:57 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

I have one basic. It's used to finish dogs that I come across. If I see a dog I sold pop on the sales board, sometimes I buy them back in that kennel to finish. After it's done, to the forever home it goes.

Will

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.