Search

.com Forum · Welsh Springer Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Gettig Full Saddles back
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/27/2017 3:24:47 PM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post   

I spent some free time here at work looking at pedigrees.
My Caulfeilds Kennels has ONLY Full Saddle source dogs but all the show quality dogs out there are patched.
I'm going to breed a veteran bitch (with one full saddle way back in her pedigree) to my highest SOP FS source stud in Caulfields.

It is something new for me to try.

Just thought I might share this with whom ever is reading the forum these days.

Carol
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
9/30/2017 1:54:40 AM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

I'm reading and following with interest! I have this full saddle girl who is pretty nice....

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15893077

This is my highest SOP saddle male
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15925550

I need another kennel! It's hard making room for projects, wish I could keep more saddles, but it's hard enough to beat you in the ring already!!

Some of my patched dogs do throw saddles, you'd be welcome to use them if we can share saddle puppies? happy :)

Congrats in the World Cup!
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/5/2017 11:56:05 AM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

Thanks

I just breed 2 of my old girls to 2 Source FS dogs in Caulfields.
IF you are interested, I put them up at stud $25 each
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/5/2017 11:58:59 AM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

FLUSH!! Wow, I just saw your high SOP FS dogs, there was no FS back 3 generations in her pedigree. I didn't go back farther.
So cool

Let me know when that boy is old enough to breed please!!!!!
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/10/2017 2:37:59 PM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

So, breeding my fully patched bitches to the Full source dogs did not produce any Full dogs.

Disappointed!

So, I have saved a few to breed at 30 days to new source dogs, in November.
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
10/13/2017 4:10:07 PM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

I think FS is recessive not dominant so it will come through in 2nd generation, not the 1st? Did you keep any from your FS sires?
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/17/2017 10:12:56 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

You mean my Source dogs in Caulfields? I have better ones now athough some wont be ready til Nov 17, for breeding.

Your boy, that I bought from you was my OMG moment. laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.