Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Did anyone here used to breed Japanese Chin?
 Up North Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/24/2017 9:00:56 AM reply with quote send message to Up North Kennels Object to Post   

I have searched high and low for Tricolor, Sable, and Red chins with no luck. Does anyone happen to know where I could find any? I just hate to start with source dogs. Maybe someone used to breed them and could reclaim one for me from an abandoned kennel? The breed is basically fixed at Black and Yellow right now, I'm trying to pull the other colors back in.

Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2017 4:14:27 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

If the breed is all black and lemon it could mean that you have lost two different genes - the dominant version of "C", which changes a lemon to a red, and the recessive "at" at A which gives you the tan point which gives you the sable and tri. (Check the gene chart for your breed.)

Some of the blacks may carry one or both of the missing genes. Look at their pedigrees to see if they have any close ancestors that are the colours you are looking for.

You might try close inbreeding with these dogs and see if these lost colours show up.

Lemons are clear sables without a dominant C, reds are clear sables with the dominant C. Sables are a combination of the sable and tan point genes producing a shaded sable instead of a clear sable.

If you buy a starter, get a red and/or a tri. You will then be able to get sable by breeding the tri to lemon and more reds by breeding the red to lemon. I'd also build up a collection of nice nice lemon girls of assorted bloodlines first, then get male starters.

Hope that helps
 Beautiful Obsession
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2017 5:53:42 PM reply with quote send message to Beautiful Obsession Object to Post

I used to breed Jap Chins in two different kennels and I've gone through and reclaimed the ones on my reclaim list. You're welcome to have them all if you're interested happy :)

Sable (49.10%) www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15403766

BTW (47.40%) www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15347567

BTW (45.85%) www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15156562

BTW (44.00%) www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15403757

Return to Sender
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2017 5:56:01 PM reply with quote send message to Return to Sender Object to Post

And there's also this one:

Sable (54.20%) www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15270120

Up North Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2017 6:39:44 PM reply with quote send message to Up North Kennels Object to Post

Oh wow, thank you!! I will gladly take them!
 Return to Sender
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2017 7:31:51 PM reply with quote send message to Return to Sender Object to Post

No worries at all - I will put them up for sale on approval - just offer $0 for them as I'm leaving the game anyway so I don't need the money happy :)
 Up North Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2017 8:22:53 PM reply with quote send message to Up North Kennels Object to Post

I really appreciate it! I went and put the offers in happy :)
 Beautiful Obsession
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2017 8:48:03 PM reply with quote send message to Beautiful Obsession Object to Post

No worries at all - happy to help happy :)
I'll have a look through my other kennels to see if there's any more I can reclaimhappy :)
 Beautiful Obsession
Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2017 11:17:33 PM reply with quote send message to Beautiful Obsession Object to Post

I still have this girl available:

Red & White (14.95%)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14964225

happy :)
 Beautiful Obsession
Basic User

Basic User
9/29/2017 2:48:32 AM reply with quote send message to Beautiful Obsession Object to Post

And this one:

50.25% SOP (Red & White)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15403775

happy :)

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.