Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 62
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Is this really good for your breed?
 El Dorado
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/22/2017 8:42:50 AM reply with quote send message to El Dorado Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Plus_Fall_Show 6&breed=Kuvasz

I think this is over-kill on breed entries...It just hurts in the future for the breed to win a Major...Right now, it only takes 4 dogs or 4 bitches for a 3 point Major, but come next month or in 2 months at the latest, it will take many more dogs/bitches to get a Major....
Just my opinion....
El D

-----
Last edited by El Dorado on 9/22/2017 8:44:28 AM

-----
Last edited by El Dorado on 9/22/2017 8:46:29 AM
 Wikeen.
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 8:53:09 AM reply with quote send message to Wikeen. Object to Post

I had the same in my breed Collies. www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Plus%20Fall%20Show%206&breed=Collie

It’s strange because they don’t usually do that so I’m not sure. It was a last minute entry because I wouldn’t have entered my dogs in a show with 25+ entires. I hope it’s a one time thing and it doesn’t affect points too much.
 Rustic Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 9:08:25 AM reply with quote send message to Rustic Dogs Object to Post

It appears that one kennel has taken the dog shows by storm....This is bad for all breeds involved!!!!

Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/22/2017 9:19:50 AM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I guess they're so desperate to get titles on their Gen 1/Gen 0 dogs that they have to have 3 kennels in the same breed all working together to wreck the show schedule.

I'm so thrilled that they appear to have started in my breed recently too. /sarcasm

Looks like they stacked 13 breeds in that show.

-----
Last edited by Bailey Barns on 9/22/2017 9:34:07 AM
 Blitz Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 1:01:49 PM reply with quote send message to Blitz Kennel Object to Post

I know when I enter dogs, if I'm doing a lot I will pick the no handler judge (as was the case with the Collie show). But otherwise I tend to spread dogs out over all shows.

I do not believe Kleenex was being malicious, I have dealt with them before and they are kind. Shoot them a message to see what was up. wink ;)
 Lac Lavon Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 1:07:17 PM reply with quote send message to Lac Lavon Kennels Object to Post

Perhaps this person does not realize that stacking shows (to this degree at least) is considered a no-no. They might not realize the number of dogs needed to earn points gets jacked up artificially. It might help to just message them and explain why it's not a good idea.
 Ozlok
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 1:11:35 PM reply with quote send message to Ozlok Object to Post

Deleting post as user in question has cleared the issue

-----
Last edited by Ozlok on 9/22/2017 3:08:06 PM
 Passion Storm
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 2:22:10 PM reply with quote send message to Passion Storm Object to Post

Well I've looked at the user list and Kleenex has currently got 16 kennels... Having multiple kennels under family accounts is not a bad thing in itself, but the way they're playing definitely is. Has anyone messaged Jeff about this?
 Kleenex Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 2:34:56 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Goldens Object to Post

I DONT GET YOUR ISSUES WITH WHAT I DO. MY KENNELS dont share dogs and they breed themselves each kennel is seperate, if you are talking about kuvasz nobody is showing dogs in the breed, i messaged the one breeder to seperate shows and get points but they have not been involved. I pick a judge and just go to schedule and enter. since I am the only one playing in the breed it is a non issue about point scale in the future. i will deal with it when it comes, my point for entering all is to get a good feel for what judge likes what so when sop gets higher i can enter the right dogs the right places. amazes me that different dogs win each time and some with worse sessioning, im using the breed as a learning situation

as for the other breeds I usually enter several shows unless I feel like id prefer to enter all under one judge.

there is nothing against the rules in showing or entering my dogs, in the breeds i am in except for kuvasz the point schedule is already high due to users. as for great danes inb my powder river kennel I only show one dog as my dogs are not competitive.

if you have something to say it might be better to talk to me directly then publicly outing something that is a non issue

like the time studio got caught and people were upset i sold a 99 sop border collie male to a basic for $100, if they had seen my kennel they would see i have 99.15 and 99.20 males and i didnt need him.
 Kleenex Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 2:44:59 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Goldens Object to Post

and some nights i am not on until right before entries close and throw all dogs at one judge with limited handlers to save time going through the kennels. I have not won all the majors I have been creating either... for the record. and I dont put a handler on all my entries usually just 2 or 3 out of the 20 entries.

point scales go up for the amount of dogs shown, it doesnt make a difference if i put them in a $10 show all together or split the entries between 4 $5 shows in a day (if I choose) I pay my entries and I show my dogs.

it is your choice to enter a big entry show or small entry show, I do my best to enter in mornings so then you can decide.

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Goldens on 9/22/2017 2:50:37 PM
 Wikeen.
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 2:48:17 PM reply with quote send message to Wikeen. Object to Post

My issue is why did you enter 27 of your Collies in one show? You could have spread them out there are many show everyday that have Collies in them. Those were last minute entries I would have pulled my dogs if I seen that before hand. With 27 entries from one kennel those dogs from your kennel are going to win even if you have your best dog the odds aren’t in anyone’s favor but yours.

I feel bad about entering 7 dogs in a show. I feel like I was cheating the game if I entered 27 dogs.

Rivacre Gundogs
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 2:51:21 PM reply with quote send message to Rivacre Gundogs Object to Post

If I was to join a breed and saw a user putting 27 dogs into one show it'd put me off that breed completely.
 Kleenex Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 2:55:53 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Goldens Object to Post

Wikeen that is not true nor is that how it works. In collies last night I just so happened to have the better dogs according to the judge.

and I can proove it for last nights entries as none of my goldens won anything but best was best opposite. some didnt even place.and I entered more goldens then I entered collies. in several breeds this was the case. I dont enter all to cause anyone any grief I pay the entries and i show my dogs, sometimes in the same show.

I bet Grasslan is happy as the golden who got breed got many points yesterday.i know they are holding the breed record now and going for platinum

Kleenex Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 2:59:52 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Goldens Object to Post

see here is the dog's results he wins with william carr no matter who is shown against him. and they dont show many under to stack the deck for his win, your claim is ridiculous. judges judge dogs doesnt matter the entries. it is my option to send all dogs to one show even though i know at best there can only be two winners.

showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=15706683
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 3:05:40 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:44:21 PM
 Wikeen.
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 3:05:56 PM reply with quote send message to Wikeen. Object to Post

Thats how odds work. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose but your odds are a little bit higher than everyone else’s. You did still get points from Golden’s so my point still rings true.

I just wanted to know why because from my view you don’t normally do things like that, that’s all I was wondering.
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 3:08:39 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:44:33 PM
 El Dorado
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 3:20:35 PM reply with quote send message to El Dorado Object to Post

Oops---

I guess my Topic has stirred up a hornet's nest....

Hit a nerve, has it Kleenex?
 Kleenex Kennels 5
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 3:44:51 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels 5 Object to Post

no, i have no issues showing why something is the way it is, just have a problem with sore losers (when there is a reason why they lost AS I POSTED ABOVE) and the initial post (as you are not in the kuvasz breed) guess you guys have nothing else to do.it is the way society is today everything goes on facebook weather it is true or not. its ruining the real sport of showdogs, im used to it though. this is just a game.

I'll just keep breeding, showing and winning with my dogs

Kleenex Kennels 5
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 3:47:58 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels 5 Object to Post

I find it far more effective to focus on myself and my program than to bash another and if I did find something funny I would reach out to that person before posting anything publicly as there might be a reason. But since you do not show the same amount of TACT I bid you good day and go back to what is important, my dogs!
 El Dorado
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 3:57:04 PM reply with quote send message to El Dorado Object to Post

posted by Kleenex Kennels 5
I find it far more effective to focus on myself and my program than to bash another and if I did find something funny I would reach out to that person before posting anything publicly as there might be a reason. But since you do not show the same amount of TACT I bid you good day and go back to what is important, my dogs!
Hmmm- Have you reached out to Studios before putting this on the Forums???

Kleenex Kennels 4
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/20/2017 10:02:35 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels 4 Object to Post

Hey Listen, I am getting abused my another kennel. He's a POS. Any way I am going to get off this site and wanted to see if you wanted my top dogs? Just offer me a $1 I just dont want him to take control of them once im gone. Let me know

Just smarten up a bit before you spout off.

Replies in this thread : 62
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler