Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Breeding Suggestions
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/11/2017 11:56:06 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post   

Being in an unpopular breed is definitely a challenge on SD, I would like to see some changes made that would aid this, such as the ability to collect semen from dogs (as in showcattle) and putting male dogs in inactive accounts for stud for $25.

Anyone like these ideas or have improvements?
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
9/11/2017 12:29:20 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

Frozen semen has been suggested many times in the past. Unfortunately it does not appear as though it is going to happen. Changes to the game don't happen often and we are waiting on so many issues to get fixed.... sad :(
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
9/12/2017 4:03:29 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

As things are just now, source/starter breeeding seems the only answer for you if there are no abandoned kennels with dogs at stud.
There are many neat suggestions from users to improve play and I don't know why some aren't implemented.
I love the game sufficiently to stay, but today the shows still aren't running, tomorrow it may be some other glitch.
I have several kennels and today's show results depends on where I enter what for tomorrow s shows. I like to do most of my SD stuff early morning, and to be fair most mornings it works, but today I will be playing catch up, to try and get dogs entered for tomorrow.

I wish source dogs were more affordable, when you are just starting in a new kennel with a small balance, no sales or stud fees or anyone to show against it must be disheartening.

Basic User

Basic User
9/12/2017 9:24:17 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I would really like to see more events besides Conformation and Obedience. There are so many titles you can get in AKC and it'll be cool if you can get those same titles in the game. I would love to see agility, IPO, dock diving, herding, lure coursing and many others.

One idea for breeds to get back popular is to make the source dogs close or near what the current highest SOP in. So in a few generations you'll have showable dogs and not have to wait years for a source line.

I'm a newer player and I have been playing for a few months now. I wish there were more to do on the game, sometimes I have a kennel full of pregnant bitches, I entered all my shows for the day and used or sold all my sessions. Then that's really it nothing else for me to do. You have to have more than 1 account to really spend time on the game. I currently have 3 accounts including this one. I really do enjoy this game just would like to see some upgrades.
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2017 8:55:16 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hypothetical breeding! Another thing I'd like to see, could give an example of the best possible pup, and the worst possible pup!

Thank you to everyone who replied!

-----
Last edited by Hawkeye Kennel on 9/20/2017 8:55:54 AM
 Aniron
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2017 12:53:20 PM reply with quote send message to Aniron Object to Post

You can kind of already do hypothetical breeding, but you have to do the math yourself and that can be time consuming. lol
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2017 1:43:11 PM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

True, but math? Ewwww wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler