Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : New Inbox message icon not showing up?
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/4/2017 8:02:24 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post   

You know when you have a new unread message in your inbox - there is usually an orange icon that pups up next to your 'Inbox' link (under the 'My Kennel' banner). Well it's not showing up for me anymore? I noticed it 3 or 4 days ago, and it's still not showing up.

(So I have to physically go into my inbox now to see if I have unread messages - and there almost always is)

I have 15 kennels and the same thing is happening in all of them.

Is it happening to anyone else? Just wondering if it's specific to my computer or if it's a site issue?

I've also noticed that when I'm adding new specialty shows, my balance isn't updating each time (with each deduction for the fee of hosting a specialty show). It doesn't fix itself until I log out and log back in.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/4/2017 8:44:57 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Happening to me as well, missed some messages about other users using my studs and my dogs earning their CH title.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2017 9:34:43 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

These things are happening to me too, I think it's site wide.
 Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2017 12:03:34 AM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

Balance not updating for me either.
 shelkeys
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/5/2017 4:08:44 AM reply with quote send message to shelkeys Object to Post

Yep, same here as well in all kennels.
 Nearco
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2017 4:29:59 AM reply with quote send message to Nearco Object to Post

It's been out for a few days here also.
I guess people will have to post the kennel in Forums in order to let them know that a message was sent- or just start looking at your message box on a daily basis
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2017 5:42:07 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

The last message I got was 31st of August and had no icon then.
 jdoyle
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/5/2017 6:49:59 AM reply with quote send message to jdoyle Object to Post

I have noticed these two issues in both my kennels too. It's not a major issue, but it is an inconvenience.
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2017 3:03:54 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Ah I wondered about this as I had some dogs champ & I only noticed when sessioning.

I better go & check my messages....
 Zollhaus
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2017 4:23:03 PM reply with quote send message to Zollhaus Object to Post

Same here, I feel bad because I had received payouts and not thanked people as I didn't realise the message was there. Please can this be fixed!
 VikingDog
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2017 5:16:58 PM reply with quote send message to VikingDog Object to Post

Happening in my kennels too. I will go into each one and answer any messages and show my appreciation....so sorry in advance .
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2017 1:14:53 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

Yes I had loads when I looked
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
9/10/2017 8:30:43 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Hahaha - it crossed my mind yesterday that for some reason people had stopped using my studs! Uh, nope - the boys have been busy, just never look at my inbox without that flag to tell me I have mail!

Apparently I sold a dog who I never noticed missing too!

K
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2017 8:43:38 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

*Bump*
I have 2 family subscriptions and with some breeds I play in we need social interaction,and not everyone will check whether there's posts in each breed's forum! When you're culling litters not even knowing someone requested one of those puppies because there's not an alert for pm's that's extremely frustrating! I have hoped this would be looked into if not fixed by now.I hate to be paying for my game play but have certain things suddenly vanish with no explanation and this is,for me being blocked from social interaction a huge disappointment since I'm already physically disabled and joined to have 'some' fun & comradeship in one of the few abilities I am able to participate in.
I'm now getting really discouraged and with limited time allotted I have to check each kennel and some messages it's too late before I see a message of importance ...*sighs*
Barbara
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/16/2017 9:36:33 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

No one here has said that they contacted Staff about this, that I can see.
I just did now.

Carol
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
9/17/2017 8:01:35 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

I did but it says 'read' but no reply or fix,that was earlier this past week.Thank you Carol,"the squeaky wheel gets the grease" Quoting my Mother,lol.
I do hope it's addressed because it's really important when you're trying to mentor someone new and both keep them enthused and informed in a breed that's ready to die out and the person wants to help.This sadly occurred after I'd already talked them into subscribing and joining a almost gone breed,now they're getting discouraged and I feel responsible.
I really hope it's addressed soon.
Barbara
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
9/17/2017 8:08:50 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

Oh that's a shame. I've offered on some pups and not got them, so I'm guessing their Breeders may spot the offers eventually....

I myself keep forgetting to check my inboxes though, it's easy done.
 Nearco
Basic User

Basic User
9/17/2017 8:59:50 AM reply with quote send message to Nearco Object to Post

My mail is working now

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.