Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : So wait... You can't breed dogs without a premium account?
 Alari-Ya
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/4/2017 5:32:10 PM reply with quote send message to Alari-Ya Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that true?
That's kind of ridiculous, if so. I can just go play dogzer or dynasty dog something.
smh I had high hopes for this game...

-----
Last edited by Alari-Ya on 9/12/2017 3:29:58 PM
 residential5
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2017 5:35:52 PM reply with quote send message to residential5 Object to Post

Yes, that's true. As you can see there is no advertising, so it is supported with subscription fees. However, it's only $5 a month and they take PayPal, and it's easy to do well quickly.
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2017 5:38:00 PM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

It is well worth it IMHO
 Mcintosh Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2017 6:36:59 PM reply with quote send message to Mcintosh Kennel Object to Post

Since your account is new, you should be able to breed for a month, penalty free? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) You'll have to keep your adult dog count under 5, though.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/4/2017 7:33:02 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

You get what you pay for.

The best things in life aren't free.

Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/5/2017 7:47:31 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

It's really worth it! such a fun game happy :)
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/5/2017 8:35:32 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

just looked up dogzer looks like its for 8 year olds.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/5/2017 9:47:37 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yep, I checked it out too. I didn't sign up, not that impressed.
 Lap of Luxury
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2017 12:04:07 AM reply with quote send message to Lap of Luxury Object to Post

A basic account can breed for the first 30 days, so if you buy 5 adult bitches ( over 30 days) you will have time to breed at least two litters from each. Puppies under 14 days don't count towards the 5 dog limit.
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/11/2017 1:52:28 PM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

Since as a basic I can't breed, I've been buying in dogs, showing them to Champion and then retiring them from breed showing and doing obedience with them. However I have been doing this for a while and it isn't exactly exciting!

Is there anything else I can take part in? I cannot justify paying to play as it would take money away from my real dogs - but I've been on here for quite a while and would like to stay but do something more useful!!
 El Dorado
Basic User

Basic User
9/11/2017 2:04:47 PM reply with quote send message to El Dorado Object to Post

posted by chocolateteapot
Since as a basic I can't breed, I've been buying in dogs, showing them to Champion and then retiring them from breed showing and doing obedience with them. However I have been doing this for a while and it isn't exactly exciting!

Is there anything else I can take part in? I cannot justify paying to play as it would take money away from my real dogs - but I've been on here for quite a while and would like to stay but do something more useful!!

chocolateteapot
Try to get the best dogs that you can, if kennels will sell you a real good dog, show it to a Championship, then sell it back to the kennel you bought it from- Sort of like a Finishing Kennel...There are many here that have too many great dogs and have to FH a lot of finishable ones.
Try to do a Champion in each breed.
Unless you are really strapped for cash (real money), it is only 4.99 US dollars for a Standard monthly subscription.
Just my 2 cents worth
El D

-----
Last edited by El Dorado on 9/11/2017 2:13:24 PM
 residential5
Basic User

Basic User
9/12/2017 5:04:25 PM reply with quote send message to residential5 Object to Post

Chocolate teapot, I am trying to breed and finish a champion of every color of every breed. Maybe you could try doing something like that. I always have finishable pups in several breeds. I spend more time sorting out what I need than anything else. Alternately you could work to have BIS achievements.

-----
Last edited by residential5 on 9/12/2017 5:05:59 PM
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
9/12/2017 5:10:53 PM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

I second the finishing kennel. I would keep you employed from my dogs, alone. Lol
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/13/2017 11:34:03 AM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

Thanks for the ideas! It's a shame it is quite so restrictive as a basic as it doesn't give anyone a chance to start playing a more involved game and thus get hooked and then go on to play the paying version.
I'll have a think about what I'm going to do with my game when my current dogs get so old that I have to forever home them quickly to avoid them dying!
 Mcintosh Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/13/2017 1:56:46 PM reply with quote send message to Mcintosh Kennel Object to Post

?

Dogs die anyway, even if they are forever homed.

The creator of the website makes a living off of the game. Either go with the suggestions given to play for free or don't subscribe. Now you're just complaining about something that won't change.

Also breeding for a month for free is a relatively new feature that was not available when I started playing in 2006 so..

-----
Last edited by Mcintosh Kennel on 9/13/2017 1:57:36 PM

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.