Search

.com Forum · Great Dane

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : 99.90/20...bitch
 Equity Danes
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/13/2017 2:22:30 AM reply with quote send message to Equity Danes Object to Post   

Nearco
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2017 5:02:09 AM reply with quote send message to Nearco Object to Post

Very Pretty!
Congrats!
 BarbieDreams
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2017 9:10:06 AM reply with quote send message to BarbieDreams Object to Post

Wow,I am glad Perfection produced something so nice for you.I am mostly breeding and only entering a few that should finish.I had to really cut down on what I keep since litters are so large.Congrats!
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/13/2017 11:31:47 AM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

just out of curiosity what happens to th gam when that dogs f--t hit 10

i promis i can ra an writ my ky boar is bust happy :)
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2017 3:16:49 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

posted by King Blazzo Kennels
just out of curiosity what happens to th gam when that dogs f--t hit 10

i promis i can ra an writ my ky boar is bust happy :)

This happened previously and this was the dog (a dane with the call name "Reset"wink ;) that did it:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=2519742

If I remember correctly (and if I don't, someone else please chime in), Jeff tweaked the game, causing the existing SOPs to be lowered in all the breeds and added some more "hidden decimals" so that it would technically be impossible to reach 100 again.
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2017 7:00:21 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

I wonder if that will happen again or not?
As it seems like it's been 'too easy' to reach 99.95% again? Perhaps the tweak didn't work?

It's probably going to get boring for Dane breeders when all the dogs are at 99.95% :/
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/13/2017 9:29:24 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Super Uber, that is what I recall as well. That no one will reach 100.00.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/13/2017 9:30:47 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Chaos and Havoc, it's boring in Goldens right now because they are identical: 99.40 with 20 SOP and 9.8 in 3 traits (with an occasional 10.2 instead of 9.8 head) No matter who you breed to, that's what you get. [sigh]
 Nearco
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2017 10:24:16 PM reply with quote send message to Nearco Object to Post

posted by Super Uber Kennels

This happened previously and this was the dog (a dane with the call name "Reset"wink ;) that did it:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=2519742

If I remember correctly (and if I don't, someone else please chime in), Jeff tweaked the game, causing the existing SOPs to be lowered in all the breeds and added some more "hidden decimals" so that it would technically be impossible to reach 100 again.

SU- Yes I remember Reset...lol...That dog is one of the reasons that I quit the game soon afterwards- due to the reset of the game.

Now I know that it may be a pipe dream, because of the tweeking, and it may backfire on me, but I am going to try a test breeding with my two top dogs:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15837097
and
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15831023

I may get all duds, or I may hit the jackpot- It's all a gamble.
 Wolf Point
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2017 12:34:59 AM reply with quote send message to Wolf Point Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I didn't even know it happened at generation 20 with a Great Dane. I lived under the impression it only happened once at generation 60 with this Golden Retriever boy www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=10373616
and he was a perfect 100.0 SOP. After that however the same thing happened, there was a tweak and more decimals were added.
Ah, and after him there were several other 100 SOP Goldens born before the tweak actually took place.

-----
Last edited by Wolf Point on 8/14/2017 12:36:27 AM

-----
Last edited by Wolf Point on 8/14/2017 12:43:46 AM
 BarbieDreams
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2017 9:13:48 AM reply with quote send message to BarbieDreams Object to Post

I am also going to do test with 2 pups,different Mothers & Fathers,they are pretty young yet-
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15837660
and this boy-
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15837734
I enjoy the breeding much more than the showing!
I remember Reset,I had a couple kennels with Danes back then,starting with (2003)BigDreams, Loyalty_Lane, DreamTeamKennel.I was on a hiatus from 09-early this year so hasn't any breeds since Mitternacht?
I hope that we don't just sit at 99.95,that would be pretty boring after 2 or 3 months of no growth and nothing to aspire to,especially when your like myself who's more interested in the breeding and locking in traits to produce better dogs!
Just my two cents from an old timet,lol!
 Equity Danes
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/14/2017 10:31:43 AM reply with quote send message to Equity Danes Object to Post

I remember the day Reset was born. We all were surprised. Been playing since 2005 (Revolver Dobermans was my first kennel, merged with with Black Raven Kennels).

When we reach 100 SOP the traits get tweaked a bit, the hidden numbers that we can't see, so it's working on those tiny decimals that keep it going. It IS possible and no doubt we'll do it in Danes and Dobes.

"It's happened before. It will happen again. The question is...when?"

And we all know it will be a bitch too! LOL

Meagen

Replies in this thread : 11

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.