Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Possible car sickness
 Dream Castle Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/3/2017 11:51:24 AM reply with quote send message to Dream Castle Kennels Object to Post   

Hey all!My huisband and I recently adopted a Siberian Husky mix. (maybe GSD thrown in the mix,but only mom knows what dad looked like!) He's currently 16,almost 17 weeks old. He's extremly laid back for his age,and over all,training is going well. (a little slow in the house training,but we are getting there) Biggest thing I've noticed with him though is it has been hard to convinve him toget in my car. He loves it when we arrive at the park with 'big' sister,Beagle Bailey,and walks like a gentleman. He does not whine or bark,and accepts his restraint fairly well. he acts afraid to the point,however,if we even get NEAR my car,he freezes up. Its like trying to coax a cinder block to load up. This is a new one on me. I am wondering if possibly he feels a little car sick,since he really enjoys his outings when we arrive. Thoughts?Suggestions? I wish i could posta few pics,but my computer is so old,I'm lucky to be able to log on at all,lol!
 residential5
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2017 8:41:03 AM reply with quote send message to residential5 Object to Post

I'd start feeding him in the car, if it were me. It doesn't have to move, just feed him in there in the driveway.

In about three days he'll hop in like a pro.
 Dream Castle Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/11/2017 10:09:18 AM reply with quote send message to Dream Castle Kennels Object to Post

Thanks!I will see what happens!

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.