Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Sop in Registered Names?
 Little Bits
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/14/2017 9:16:51 PM reply with quote send message to Little Bits Object to Post   

Hi:

Not new to the game but haven't been around for a bit. I've just grown curious about something that I'm sure no one else cares about. happy :) why do I see a lot of dogs with registered names that appear to have their sop in the name? Example, (not real dog), "Little Bits Annie 98.95". I see this a lot in Dobermans, but in other places too.

Is this just a quick reference thing for the dog owner? Is it bragging rights? I just find it odd.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2017 9:27:06 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

I do it for my colour breeding stock like "blue 89.9" it's just easier than coming up with a million names for the colour breeding stuff because I keep them for such a short time.
 Rock Fall Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2017 9:39:55 PM reply with quote send message to Rock Fall Dogs Object to Post

posted by Little Bits
Hi:

Not new to the game but haven't been around for a bit. I've just grown curious about something that I'm sure no one else cares about. happy :) why do I see a lot of dogs with registered names that appear to have their sop in the name? Example, (not real dog), "Little Bits Annie 98.95". I see this a lot in Dobermans, but in other places too.

Is this just a quick reference thing for the dog owner? Is it bragging rights? I just find it odd.

Must be my dogs your referring to (haha)
My reason for doing it this way, is mainly for quick reference- so I can see at a glance what the SOP is without actually going into the dogs page...I guess it is an OCD thing, altho I don't think I have that disorder.
happy :)
RFD
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/15/2017 12:03:14 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

I do it for the dogs that I am only keeping to breed from, makes it easier than having to come up with a name for a dog I'm only going to use once.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/15/2017 7:26:34 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

In some of my kennels I've started to add the year. This way I can re-use names every 12 months - Jack (16) born in 2016, Jack (17) born in 2017, and so on. By the time Jack (18) is named, 16 and 17 are most likely gone.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler