Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Weimaraner breed has ARRIVED !
 DemiGod Canine Center
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/6/2016 6:39:41 AM reply with quote send message to DemiGod Canine Center Object to Post   

Looked at the Breed Competition Rank before selecting which breed to pick. Liked what I say in the LAST Ranked breed, Weimaraner (wait did I spell that correctly, Weimaraner, yep thats correct). LOL. I still can't spell the breed name without looking at it written down, twice. And it doesn't help that it shows misspelled with the red squiggly line under the name in this post. happy :)

I have five source females and four source males in two paid accounts. They have only one color so I can focus on stats without keeping puppies just cause of their color. I have enough males to avoid too much inbreeding for a starter breed.
I know this is a long project. It look me eight months to get quality cattle in ShowCattle, so I have the patience.

I played ShowDog back in 2003 and wanted to compete too fast so I became frustrated and quit. I am here to stay this time.
Weimaraner !! will not be the last ranked breed anymore.

Yay!! I can spell it
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2016 8:48:52 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

Hey would you like a buddy to join you? I cannot take on another color project or I'll lose my mind but I don't mind taking on a source project! I've done source a lot, so I know about the patience too.

I'll see if I have source left (pretty sure I do, since I have two new kennels) and let you know which kennel it'll be in! happy :)

Alexandria

Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2016 9:47:14 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Sounds like a great plan. I bred all my females already, so they will litter on the 11th.

I totally understand color breeding and becoming a hoarder of puppies. lol
There is a Top breeder of Weimaraners that is active too. So in the future the breed will be stronger with less inbreeding.

Most people don't know that Weimaraners are more famous then you might think.
They are the breed used in photographs, calendars, and books of William Wegman. He photographed the dogs in wigs, costumes, and props to capitalize on the breed's ability to assume almost human expressions.

It makes you love the breed even more.
 DemiGod Canine Club
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2016 10:27:54 AM reply with quote send message to DemiGod Canine Club Object to Post

Sounds like a great plan. I bred all my females already, so they will litter on the 11th.

I totally understand color breeding and becoming a hoarder of puppies. lol
There is a Top breeder of Weimaraners that is active too. So in the future the breed will be stronger with less inbreeding.

Most people don't know that Weimaraners are more famous then you might think.
They are the breed used in photographs, calendars, and books of William Wegman. He photographed the dogs in wigs, costumes, and props to capitalize on the breed's ability to assume almost human expressions.

It makes you love the breed even more.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing