Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Best ration mixes
 midnitemystique
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/27/2016 7:37:01 AM reply with quote send message to midnitemystique Object to Post   

new to upgrade account. what is the best variables for custom mix for conditioning? puppy growth? etc....
 Purgatory
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2016 9:11:47 AM reply with quote send message to Purgatory Object to Post

The best I have found is 1777 ration. 1 in meds/vaccines and 7 in everything else.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/27/2016 12:32:49 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

As above. Don't skimp on food - its cheaper in the long run than sessioning.

If the dog is not being shown you can make a 1171 which is minimum for everything except condition which you need for a breeding bitch or the condition of her puppies will suffer.

Once the ideal "20" for all target factors is reached you can switch to the "PetHouse" brand and this will hold all the numbers where they are.

Note - the cost of the food is "per bag" not per feeding. PetHouse Adult cost $1 per day for cockers and similar sized breeds. 1777 cost $1.96 per day per dog. It is more for larger breeds such as setters (can't find my note on them just now).
 midnitemystique
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2016 12:51:33 PM reply with quote send message to midnitemystique Object to Post

Thank You so Much! Wasn't sure what to skimp on and when.
 midnitemystique
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2016 12:58:07 PM reply with quote send message to midnitemystique Object to Post

at what age do you start the 1777?

Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2016 10:45:04 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

You need to make a puppy 1777 and an adult 1777.

I have a Puppy 1171 which I set as my default so that everyone is on this at birth otherwise they default to OldBoy on which everything will drop. If they are on OB too long it takes forever to get them back up.

If I decide a pup is showable, I switch them to the Puppy1777 immediately and start sessioning. If they are not for showing they stay on 1171.

At 13 to 14 days, change from the puppy version to the adult version. Non showing pups (Puppy1171) can go to PetHouse for Adults. Condition is usually 20 by this time but PH should get them there by breeding age (30 days) if they aren't.

At 14 days you can start showing them if you want so you want them to be as close to 20's as possible - good food and regular sessioning.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/28/2016 11:00:53 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

That was me - timed out.

It is very important that your pups be on a puppy ration for the first 13-14 days and that they are switched to Adult after that.

The very best time to switch is after the 13 day feeding and before they are fed on day 14.

Check their time of birth. If they are 13 days but were born before normal feeding time change them to adult. If they are 13 days but will not change to 14 days until after normal feeding time, leave them another day. (Normal feeding time is sometime after midnight ShowDog Time - it varies a bit.)

It is not that critical if you miss this time or are a little early with the change so don't sweat it. You may see a slight drop in their numbers either way but they will quickly recover. The longer they are on the incorrect food the longer the recovery will take so just get it changed as soon as you can.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 9/28/2016 11:07:57 AM

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.