.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : I am Just Curious About Kennel Names
 Paws with Poise Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/20/2016 6:10:03 AM reply with quote send message to Paws with Poise Kennel Object to Post   

I thought it would be fun to ask a question and see what kind of answers people have. I'll start. The question is, what made you choose your kennel name on SD? Is it your RL kennel? Symbolic of something? A name you made up? What does your name mean to you?

I chose this name because the first English words I remember reading were on the sign for an obedience school with a beautiful black GSD. The name of the school was Paws with Poise. I learned how to train dogs there, but unfortunatly, the owner retired and has since passed away and the school no longer exists. I thought the name was fitting for a group of show dogs. happy :)
 Afterburner Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2016 6:26:06 AM reply with quote send message to Afterburner Kennels Object to Post

Hello,

Mine comes from my real life kennel name. And I came up with Afterburner because it sounds cool (lol) and I'm currently in school to be a pilot. happy :)

Afterburner
 Return to Sender
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2016 6:58:47 AM reply with quote send message to Return to Sender Object to Post

Oh man - this will be a LONG post lol!!! :P

Dalkeith - I watched a movie many years ago that was really brilliant and I believe the name Dalkeith was mentioned in the movie - but everytime I try and search the movie on Google I can never find it lol!

Ariege - This comes from the breed of dog called an Ariege Pointer. I just thought the word/name sounded really kool happy :)

Northern Lightz - For my love of this natural phenomenon!

Quileute Legends - For my love of both the Twilight series as well as Native American culture happy :)

Chaos and Havov - In honour of some of my beloved pet rats that I used to own happy :) (One of them was called Chaos - and they all used to create hilarious havoc!) :P (Best pets ever!)

Rijbakluva - For my love of Ridgebacks laugh :D (sound it out - Ridgeback Lover)

Beautiful Obsession - Just a cool random name.

Edge of Tomorrow - Sounded cool in my head and looks cool on paper :P

Inglenook - Simply a beautiful word laugh :D

Into Thin Air - Just sounds awesome!

King of Foxes - 'King of Foxes' is a book in a series that I adore! (Talon of the SilverHawk was the first book)

Komorebi - Its a Japanese word that means 'sunlight as it filters through the leaves of trees' happy :)

No Added Sugar - Sounded wicked awesome!

Return to Sender - This is my finishing kennel - so I figured the name was awesome and appropriate! :P

Valley of Dreams - I was running out of name ideas and this one just popped into my head :P

Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/20/2016 7:19:46 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

I have three kennel names:

DenKees : comes from the first three letters of my first name and the first four letters of my favourite breed.

AusWolf : comes from my user name Aussiewolfsister

Tanami : named after the Tanami Desert here in Australia. Just liked the sound of it.
 tarad202
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/20/2016 8:51:22 AM reply with quote send message to tarad202 Object to Post

Mine is the username I used on websites when I was a teenager. I didn't understand that the username was the kennel name at the time, so now I'm just stuck with a weird kennel name. Too late to change it now! haha.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/20/2016 12:54:13 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Aldeberan (Komondor): Name of a star, used to have a dog named that long ago

DoggyPanache (Shih Tzu): Name of a website I used to have selling dog clothes.

Tumblin (Irish Water Spaniels): Just kind of a playful name for a playful breed.

Fingerprint (Dalmatians): Actual kennel name for my Dalmatians long ago.

Tarot (Afghan Hounds): My real kennel name from back in the 70s and 90s.

Patchouli (Afghan Hounds): From my hippie days for my Afghan Hound color kennel.

Xizang (Tibetan Terriers): Name of an area or city in Tibet.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2016 4:52:23 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

My first paid account I shared with a friend, I didn't have a dig at that time so we used part of her fab dogs registered name that account was PrincePompade with an affix of PP

Eventually we ran out if room to both breed our own breeds how we wanted so I got a new account for myself and moved my breed over so I called my account PPVallhunds PP so I could still keep the affix
 SureShot
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2016 7:05:13 PM reply with quote send message to SureShot Object to Post

Little Sureshot" was Annie Oakley's nickname and I had always planned to do Britts in the game so I wanted something for gundogs that reminded me of sharpness and accuracy.
 Guzman Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2016 8:09:57 PM reply with quote send message to Guzman Kennels Object to Post

In addition to Paws with poise, I also have this kennel, which is my last name and Calibre K9, which is my RL training business. I chose it because I think it's a cool name, and I want to train dogs to the highest calibre. happy :)

Julio
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/20/2016 9:52:01 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I live in Washington DC and I came up with my name based on the "Little River Turnpike" which is just outside of the city. It sounded interesting, so I went with that! Little River Kennel.
 Bennett Working Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
5/21/2016 6:25:49 AM reply with quote send message to Bennett Working Dogs Object to Post

Bennett is my last name and Dewey Kennel is named for my late service dog, Anatolian Shepherd Dog, Dewey.
 Boodie Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/21/2016 8:21:00 PM reply with quote send message to Boodie Kennels Object to Post

Boodie (BOO-D not BOO-TY razz :p) is my childhood nickname that my family still calls me. My mom said it looked like I didn't have a butt when I was a baby so she came up with the best name.? I still question her naming skills lol.

-Gio
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
5/22/2016 10:31:26 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

My original kennel was named after a favorite pet (Laffy-Taffy Kennels).

The other paid account I had before that is hugely in debt is .Troubadour. cause I am in love with the Country singer George Strait.

As for current ones...

Y'all are gonna laugh but I got back into SD so I had something to occupy my time til my fiancé returns home (he's serving a 2 year mission for our church and is nearly 4 months into it) and my wedding dress is lace. Lol

And then .Alexandrite. was my Afghan prefix so I decided to move all my Afghans so they could have their own kennel. Contrary to popular belief it wasn't a spin on my name (Alexandria) it's a stone that changes color depending on the lighting which I thought was so neat.

LD Winners, my basic, is just an abbreviation for Lace Dreams. It was honestly the first name I could think of lol.

I've had the prefix Amethyst since I started breeding Dachshunds...it's my birth stone and my favorite gemstone.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Lace Dreams on 5/22/2016 10:35:41 AM

Basic User

Basic User
5/22/2016 10:53:04 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Country Meadow - Where I had my horse boarded lived in the apartmebt above the riding arena and indoor stalls and gave riding lessons I could go down in my pj's and kiss my horse goodnight loved it!

KC Blue Meadows - live in kansas City Missouri hence the KC and went with the Meadow theme

KC Blue Ridge - KC reference again Blue Ridge name of the mall by my house

KC Blue River ~ KC again Blue River in KC

Jackson Creek - live in Jackson County just added creek

KC Sterling Creek - street by my house KC reference again just added creek

KC Misty Rivers - KC again Misty Rivers stables I boarded my horse at

KC Golden Meadows - I think you guys are catching on

KC Misty Meadows - don't think I need to say LOL

KC Misty Rivers - just from other kennels above

KC Golden Ridge - from kennels above again was running out of names to come up with

KC Meadows - KC where I Live and I like Meadows
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/22/2016 11:15:52 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

I don't know why the post above says basic user I posted it under this kennel. Just so you all know who I am
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/23/2016 9:35:46 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You took too long to type and got logged out.
SD no longer remembers who you are but accepts the post anyway and you become the anonymous basic (lol).

Happens a lot.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/23/2016 9:37:07 AM
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2016 1:17:46 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

I bred & show fancy rats in RL & Halcyon is my stud name with the National Fancy Rat Society in the UK
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2016 10:59:53 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Beach Dunes - I live 3 miles from the ocean

Electric Shock - Was my favorite song for a long time

Grand Strand Kennels - The city part of where I live is called the Grand Strand

KPOPK - Stands for K POP Kennels and kpop is my favorite music genre

Miracle League - My grandparents volunteer for a baseball league for handicapped kids and that the name of the foundation and it use to be something I loved helping with

(Past kennels when I had 10 kennelshappy :)

Barrier Reef - Went with my beach theme
Carolina Coast - I Live on the Coast in South Carolina haha
Garden City - A Town near me
Heavy Rain - One of my favorite video games
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2016 11:03:39 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

Pearl City - A nickname for the city/street (well the street is called Queen City, but I dub it "Pearl City"wink ;) I grew up in. I kinda pinned the nickname among my friends and it's stuck. It's so crazy. I no longer live there but damn.. My teenage years were wonderful and I appreciate everything and everyone in that damn city. It made me who I am now. I was a freshman in high school when I made an official kennel and Pearl City just made sense..

The rest of the kennels that I have, I was taking care of them and eventually they were handed to me. I didn't have a choice in the naming. i.e Shadowstorm Kennels and its junior.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/27/2016 10:24:16 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

So now I'm curious. What city are you talking about?
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2016 10:52:50 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

I gave a hint wink ;) can anyone figure it out? Xi, already has the answer but can anyone else guess it? laugh :D :P

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.