.com Forum · Alaskan Malamute

Replies in this thread : 460
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Malamute Community Thread
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/11/2015 9:15:38 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post   

This is a little thing that I’m starting to attempt to wake this forum up a bit, and stir up some more communication within the breed. happy :) Hope it works.

This is basically a thread designed to get everyone talking. Chime in about your accomplishments, post your brags, and advertise studs and sales, talk about color breeding, post your progress, discuss traits and trait breeding, request things, whatever you like; anything goes here… For that matter it doesn’t even necessarily need to be breed related discussion, you can go off-topic if you want as long as you don’t hijack this post with it.
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2015 5:06:10 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Hi all! congrats to all on the recent higher SOP dogs that are popping up-what is the highest you have?

Also, thanks to all who have been working on color breeding...nice to see puppies of all colors for sale. I'll try to bring in some of the color lines once I get my own lines established!

Lastly, thanks for being awesome!
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2015 5:35:53 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Highest SOP I have so far is 95.4 (not of my own breeding either as I've just started), but I have two litters due this coming Sunday so I'm hoping for some pretty numbers.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13594080

Also will probably be working on some color breeding once I find the easiest way to predict the outcome of breeding certain colors to one another. Not nearly as easy to predict as ACDs. lol. Any tips?

Great update CS and thanks for helping to start get this ball rolling!

-Audrey
 Kianya Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2015 5:57:07 PM reply with quote send message to Kianya Kennels Object to Post

Hey all! I just had this boy settle the other day, he's my highest sop, www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13781997

And I would love help with the color breeding, I have all the colors in my kennel and most are up to the 90's now, which is a long way from the starter dogs we started with.
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2015 6:37:54 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Kianya, he's a beautiful pup! Looked through your kennel and I might be using The Chill Factor as a stud as soon as CH Nachthunde Starling is ready to breed! Trying my darnedest to get some 96's!

-Audrey

-----
Last edited by CountryStrong Kennels on 2/11/2015 6:38:03 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2015 8:08:27 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Rosa Nera has a very ugly pup! Glad we are climbing the ranks as far as sop goes!

My highest is a 95.65 www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13734743 happy :)

ETA: Is this better Rosa Nera? laugh :D

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 2/12/2015 1:52:21 AM
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2015 12:02:45 AM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

Oh nice Treestand, he was supposed to be my little secret... lol Just kidding. I am actually pretty darn proud of him, just didn't want to brag.

Here he is ... ALNJ This Is Just A Dream, appearing in a ring near you soon.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13771956
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2015 1:35:22 AM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

OMG I am laughing so hard the dog thinks I have lost my mind. ALNJ Lord Of The Ice aka Champ is 29 days old, bred by me, and I just found out he was a bitch!

I didn't notice my mistake til I saw that "he" was in the same class as "his" sister and beat her for WB/BOS.

I was waiting on breeding a particular bitch until "he" turned 30 days so I could use "him" as a stud.

How did I miss that all this time?

-----
Last edited by Rosa Nera on 2/12/2015 1:38:20 AM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2015 1:54:02 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Oh that is priceless! You just barely missed the name reset, didn't you?

Congrats on the title!

I fixed my post for you. wink ;) laugh :D
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2015 2:42:44 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Wow amazing dogs Rosa and Kianya! 0.0 They will be popular studs for sure, congrats on breeding such beauties. ^^

Awesome to see everyone starting to communicate again; thanks for starting this thread Audrey. happy :) It's odd though... I got the strangest feeling of Déjà vu reading this threads opener; it seems so familiar; then I realized it's because I wrote it, lol. razz :p I must admit I feel flattered. happy :)

Anyway, my highest SOP dog is my 95.95% girl Greater Heights, she’s not as impressive as those boys, but you will get to see her in the ring in a week. happy :)

Oh and, I guess I will brag a little about taking BIS under Sarah Brush with Secret to Success the other day. This judge hasn’t previously awarded BIS to a mal. He won over the poodles that normally take it. This may mean that mals are back on their way to become big BIS contenders or it could be a fluke… either way it’s a good sign that the breed as a whole is coming up. happy :)

Also, might as well post that Ch Drakes Silver Storm is up for sale here. He’s the full brother of Secret to Success and already on his way to his GCH title. He’s not as good as Secret, but he is still a great dog, and could be a nice asset to another kennel.

Don’t really have anything else to report, but I look forward to chatting with you guys. ^^ Keep the conversation going, and don’t be strangers. happy :)
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2015 8:52:36 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

posted by Drake Creek Meadows
Awesome to see everyone starting to communicate again; thanks for starting this thread Audrey. happy :) It's odd though... I got the strangest feeling of Déjà vu reading this threads opener; it seems so familiar; then I realized it's because I wrote it, lol. razz :p I must admit I feel flattered. happy :)
Haha sorry Drake, I am terrible at openers and it just sounded too good wink :)
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2015 9:32:55 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Rosa that is way too funny about Champ!

Also congrats to both Rosa and Drake for the titles. happy :)
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2015 5:13:55 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

congrats all! those are some VERY pretty dogs and bitches! My highest homebred so far is 95.65, so pretty happy with that. And congrats to Drake on the BIS, that was such a nice accomplishment!

Here's hoping we get some good judges next month!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2015 4:57:37 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

It's fine Audrey, and thanks for the compliment. happy :)

Thanks CS, and congrats on you boy, he looks awesome; SOP isn't everything after all. happy :)

And I'm definitely with you on the judges, the ones the were added this month weren't great. razz :p

Anyway, while I'm posting I might as well announce that Oracle Sea is now at stud:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13721522
95.7%/20ss red and white; currently is tied for the highest score on my formula of all the dogs in my kennel 10.8/10.3 - unproven stud. $100
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2015 7:39:28 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

A baby step for me in the right direction-- CH HWK Frozen Wonderland got his first grand point today.

Also, he's up for stud for $100
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13657147
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2015 8:11:55 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

I have two litters due Sunday morning a little after 8 am SD Time. Who wants 2nd POL?
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
2/14/2015 4:16:39 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Congrats Audrey, and that's a very nice dog you've got there. happy :) Also, I haven't been buying dogs lately, because of how many I have, but I will buy special bitches when I catch them up for sale, so I may or may not be interested in 2nd POL... it would depend on the dog entirely.

Also, just to let you guys know I just added two specialties to the schedule one on the 18th and one on the 22nd. I want to announce that will now be adding specialties on a regular basis as funds allow of course. I may even add payouts to some down the road. Anyway, check them out and enter if you want. happy :)
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
2/14/2015 5:29:14 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Thanks for the specialities Drake!

also had this nice surprise this morning
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13797228

That's the highest for me so far!

I'm not buying too many dogs these days either since I'm having too much fun breeding and the kennel is getting full...but I do still regularly check to see if there's a pup with traits I'm looking for.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
2/15/2015 3:41:03 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

No problem, I hope to be add a bunch more in the coming days. happy :) I noticed that I forgot to switch them to $5 though, so I'll be sure to get that right next time. -.-'

Awesome girl CS, very solid; glad my boy worked out well for you. happy :)
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/15/2015 9:58:57 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Lots of puppies for sale, inviting all to take a look. Wasn't the numbers I exactly wanted to see, but not bad. Keeping a 95.4 Dog, having trouble deciding if I want to keep a 95.1 Bitch from the other litter...

CountryStrong Fixer Upper (95.4)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13800041

Country Strong Winter Dreams (95.1)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13800052
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2015 4:18:20 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Audrey, according to my formula the dog named CountryStrong Wicked Dreams is actually the best pup in that litter, and no less showable. I would suggest not selling her, but if you don't want her; I'm interested in her. happy :)

Not a bad turn out for your first litters, a bonus is that it's great to have those Tavin dogs behind your girls to tighten those decimals for the next generation. happy :)

Anyway, I have some pups of my own to sell so I shall post 'em here:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13800651
95.6%/20ss red and white $150 on approval to show home only.This guy has potential, and will finish easily.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13757520
95.5%/20ss Sable and white bitch, $100 on approval to show home only. This is an awesome girl, and if she doesn't sale I will keep her.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13799817
95.5%/20ss grey and white dog, $100 no approval

happy :)

Replies in this thread : 460
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.