.com Forum · Siberian Husky

Replies in this thread : 103
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Sibe update thread
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/19/2015 7:01:30 PM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post   

Thought it could be a good idea to start up a community thread like some other breeds have! This is a place to encourage players to join our breed as well as a place for us breeders to talk and discuss bloodlines, upcoming litters, or even show brags.

Including but not limited to...
- New High SOPs
- New Stud listings
- Show achievements
- Breeding/trait projects
- Dogs for sale
- Dogs wanted
- Specialty shows

For a list of current kennels in the breed:
www.showdog.com/breeds/dog_breed_all.aspx?breed=Siberian+Husky
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
1/19/2015 7:46:39 PM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

Great idea, and glad to see it happy :)
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
1/19/2015 7:57:07 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

Good idea.
I had no idea I was ranked #6! I even have two breeds in this kennel happy :)
 Chiens D*Hiver
Basic User

Basic User
1/19/2015 8:25:52 PM reply with quote send message to Chiens D*Hiver Object to Post

I should have waited until this evening before sending out my emails, I like the idea of getting the forum going happy :) Also I have sponsored a specialty for us for Feb. 1st, the day after the SD specialty show, I don't think I'll have any dogs that will be ready in time but I wanted to give to the breed nonetheless!
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
1/19/2015 11:47:01 PM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

LOL, my kennels are so close to the line for money I've gotten back into banner making to try to raise enough money to sponsor shows again happy :)

This is what happens when you take a few years off - your kennels go so far into the negative it takes forever to get them sanely operational.

-----
Last edited by BlackFrost on 1/19/2015 11:47:59 PM
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2015 10:04:01 AM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

Glad you guys are interested in getting it started!

I am currently looking for some broods if anyone has some available happy :)
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/20/2015 8:03:17 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

I only have one sibe left after selling my one that I bred to show. She's kmky a 97.25 but I have faith that the kennel I sold my show girl will finish her.
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2015 8:56:55 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

I've promised two broods already, but by the end of the week I will probably have one more I can sell.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/21/2015 4:09:35 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Hello all, I've joined the breed again... sort of. I was very active in Sibes before my long hiatus, but dropped the breed after returning, but have decided to pick it back up again as a small side project.

I'm just introducing myself. happy :) Great to see people here trying to breath life back into the community. It used to be very active, but sadly the whole game seems quieter these days...

Anyway, I won't be active for quite awhile, but you'll see me in the ring eventually. happy :)
I bought a nice-ish bitch from a kennel getting out of the breed and bred her. Kept the best pup from her litter, but she's not showable do to very low showshine, so I'll need to wait until she is old enough to breed, breed her, and hope for something showable out of that litter.

I would be interested in taking a sibe to show so I don't have to wait that long though.

So if anyone has an extra sessioned sibe sitting around in their kennel, I'd be happy to show that dog for you for free. happy :) Of course, I'd have to feel the dog is finishable to want to take it.
 Howling Wolves Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/21/2015 7:21:36 AM reply with quote send message to Howling Wolves Kennels Object to Post

Drake- my other kennel is Northern Lights Siberians. I occasionally have sessioned dogs for sale. You are very welcome to "visit". happy :)
 Chiens D*Hiver
Basic User

Basic User
1/21/2015 11:17:34 AM reply with quote send message to Chiens D*Hiver Object to Post

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13630861

Do you guys think that this dog will be finishable? I'm looking at what's getting points and his SOP is low, I like him as a breeder but I'm not sure how he will do in the ring :/
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
1/21/2015 12:21:03 PM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

Welcome back, Drake! Looking forward to having you in the breed! I only have one pup that is partially sessioned at the moment but I would really like to keep her. I have a litter due tomorrow out of Born To Run, though, so you guys are welcome to take a look at all the pups and let me know if you're interested in any before I sort through happy :)

Astoria, PM me if you have any broods come available!

Thanks,
Taylor
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
1/21/2015 7:50:48 PM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

Hey, welcome back Drake.

I'm just back myself so don't have many of the new puppies sessioned up yet, but I just got one new litter and two more coming the next two days and way more dogs than I outta have right now (enthusiasm to get back into things got the better of me) - so feel free to visit - give a yell if you're interested in any of the new pups I haven't listed yet.

Jet happy :)
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
1/22/2015 9:23:23 PM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

I just had a litter drop today- I may only keep one for a brood but feel free to make an offer on any of them. I will FH sometime tomorrow evening. happy :)
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2015 4:11:49 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks for the welcome guys. happy :) I look forward to really get back into the breed as I’ve always enjoyed sibes. ^^
I think I was misunderstood though… I was offering to finish a dog for someone and return it to them for free. I do not want to buy any dogs at this time, and I do not have the sessions to spare to session one myself. I have my hands full with mals at the moment. If anyone wants a dog finished, I will show them free of charge (send it back for $1) provided that I can buy the dog from you for $1. I just want something to show for a time while I wait for my girl to get old enough to breed.

Chiens D*Hiver, I took the liberty of evaluating your dog Beautiful Storm with my formula. He scores a 10.6 which is .2 over the average of 10.4, anything at or over the average should be finishable. The higher the number the better, so he should do just fine. He won’t be exceptional or anything, but he shouldn’t be difficult to finish either. Overall he’s a pretty solid dog, hope that helps. happy :)
 Chiens D*Hiver
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2015 7:29:42 AM reply with quote send message to Chiens D*Hiver Object to Post

Thanks Drake!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2015 4:23:42 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

No problem, anytime happy :)
 Chiens D*Hiver
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2015 2:39:10 PM reply with quote send message to Chiens D*Hiver Object to Post

I'm pretty excited! My first litter dropped today and I got a 97.60 girl! laugh :D Not incredible but I'm happy with it.
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2015 9:11:11 PM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

Congrats, Chiens!

Would anyone be interested in using my boy for a stud if I lowered his fee to $25 for a week or so? Would love to see some more offspring out of him. He's currently #1 in the breed and has one best in show under his belt as well as several group placings.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13599241
 Kajahrosik
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2015 8:13:48 AM reply with quote send message to Kajahrosik Object to Post

Hello,
I'm starting with Showdog after a long time.
Now I'm waiting my first litter. I'm looking forward to fun in breed happy :)
 Chiens D*Hiver
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2015 9:44:16 AM reply with quote send message to Chiens D*Hiver Object to Post

posted by Kajahrosik
Hello,
I'm starting with Showdog after a long time.
Now I'm waiting my first litter. I'm looking forward to fun in breed happy :)

Welcome! It's been a fun breed and I've only been in it for a short amount of time happy :) If you want any help I'm still new to the breed but would be willing to lease you bitches or even give you some of my better dogs to help you get started!

And Wicked I think I would! Don't have any bitches ready at the moment but once they are I'd love to breed them with him happy :)

Replies in this thread : 103
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.