.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : What shampoo do you use?
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/3/2010 3:52:58 PM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post   

I thought it would be fun to see what shampoo's everyone uses on their dogs. There are SO many kinds out there!

Share what kind/brand you use,why you use it,how it benefits your dog(s),and if possible,please list where you get your shampoo from. I'd love for this to be a helpful post to users so they can try new shampoos happy :)

Have fun happy :)
-Taylor
 CascadeRanch
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2010 4:04:56 PM reply with quote send message to CascadeRanch Object to Post

I use Groomer's Edge - Alpha White.

It gets my Pyrs REALLY white and only in one wash. My Pyrs are just as white or the whitest at the shows I attend. I could not be more pleased with it - not to mention the high concentration and the great price!

www.petedge.com/product/Groomers-Edge-Alpha-White-Shampoos/46827.uts
 SilverHope
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2010 4:09:49 PM reply with quote send message to SilverHope Object to Post

On my springers I use number one all systems conditioning shampoo and the conditioner. It rinses very well, doesnt leave any residue and doesnt change their coat texture.
My lab who is black I use Chris C's Black on Black again it rinses super easy and enhances her natural beautiful dark coloring and got rid of her bleached coat when I first got her from the breeder. Both smell lovely as well.
The dogs that I dont show I use either mane and tail because it smells really nice or oatmeal and aloe shampoo I get from the vet during the summer when they are in the water alot. Every now and then we pick up a new shampoo to try but those are the main ones.
 All 4 My Paws*
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2010 5:05:11 PM reply with quote send message to All 4 My Paws* Object to Post

^^yup i only use Chris C's products too. The white on white works INSTANTLY on my bernese mountain dogs feet... they go from dirt brown to bright white! and its really easy to rinse out... the black on black works really good when your dog has been bleached by te sun. Then they have this one shampoo... cant think of the name i think its Desert Almond.... and it works on all coats and helps dandriff problems its AMAZING!!
 SilverHope
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2010 5:08:06 PM reply with quote send message to SilverHope Object to Post

posted by All 4 My Paws*
^^yup i only use Chris C's products too. The white on white works INSTANTLY on my bernese mountain dogs feet... they go from dirt brown to bright white! and its really easy to rinse out... the black on black works really good when your dog has been bleached by te sun. Then they have this one shampoo... cant think of the name i think its Desert Almond.... and it works on all coats and helps dandriff problems its AMAZING!!
Isnt desert almond Bark to basics or Groomers edge? I LOVE them smell of it!!! We use to use that in the grooming shop!
 All 4 My Paws*
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2010 6:21:20 PM reply with quote send message to All 4 My Paws* Object to Post

posted by SilverHope
posted by All 4 My Paws*
Isnt desert almond Bark to basics or Groomers edge? I LOVE them smell of it!!! We use to use that in the grooming shop!

yup its groomers edge i love the smell too!
 SureShot
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2010 11:08:59 PM reply with quote send message to SureShot Object to Post

I use Kelco Plum White. Yes, I have black dogs, but it does a nice job of enhancing the black, and brightening the white so much that it enhances the black even more. Plus, it smells like banana nut muffins.
 tomcat1
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2010 11:37:20 AM reply with quote send message to tomcat1 Object to Post

I use aloe and oatmeal on my BCs, with a horse whitener shampoo for the white bits, and I use pantene silk and shine on the shih tzus LOL
 Lucifurz
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2010 5:07:41 PM reply with quote send message to Lucifurz Object to Post

I used #1 all systems "Crisp Coat" on my GWPs I love that it doesnt dramatically change the texture since Coat is EVERYTHING!!, however in the "off season " I do condition my dogs with #1 all systems super protein conditioner.

I only bathe 2-3 times a year, but furnishing baths happen more frequently... for that I use Crisp coat diluted 25-1...works great!!!

For my Labs I use Eqyss.in the blue not green label (not sure type) It makes my labs whether yellow, chocolate, or black just as rich and full of color.
 hi-fi
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2010 6:49:01 PM reply with quote send message to hi-fi Object to Post

Well.... I'm a groomer and love lots of shampoos.
My usual for show is EZ Groom's "Structure" I hate the cinnamon smell of it,.... But it works great.
Or, #1 All Systems' Crisp Coat. Smells great, works great.
I only use Whitening shampoo on my Samoyeds' chests, since their ID tags stain them. For this I use EZ Groom's Crystal White.
Layne is the whitest Sam out there, but he's not whitened.... He's just white!
Also love Isle of Dogs Stand Up, but we're out of it right now.... :'(
Also use Les Poochs Vitamin Enriched shampoo and the cream rinse conditioner.... Love that stuff! That's just for non-shows though.

For my black chi mix Gir, I like to use Spa Colors black and the conditioner. Smells really good and makes him soft and sleek.
 Ixion
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2010 10:01:05 PM reply with quote send message to Ixion Object to Post

I use Best Shot Lime Aid with a small amount of Tomlyn's Sho Sno since it helps brighten it.....combo's has worked great for me! happy :)
 Featherrun
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2010 10:36:01 AM reply with quote send message to Featherrun Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I use #1 All Systems Crisp Coat on my picards, and even then I usually bathe them about 2-3 days before a show to get the hardness back into their coats. I wish it had a nicer smell though, it's rather blah..
 Lifeless Spirit Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2010 5:51:59 PM reply with quote send message to Lifeless Spirit Kennel Object to Post

I use Blue Minx on non-coated breeds (i.e. Boxers, AmStaffs). I get it from CherryBrook.

For the Saints, we use something purple. Its a whitening shampoo, which we mix with some cheap oatmeal dog shampoo. Then we use Oster consitioner to condition the coat. We get the cheap oatmeal shampoo from Wal-mart, and the whitening shampoos from Tractor Supply. We also got some blue shampoo from a show once that was supposed to work better than the purple shampoos. It turned the dog blue... *sigh*.

-Rose-
 AmbitionIrish
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2010 6:50:36 PM reply with quote send message to AmbitionIrish Object to Post

Nature's Specialties Plum Silky shampoo and Plumtastic conditioner for the Irish setters. Talk about another great smelling brand!!! happy :)

Amyhappy :)
 Eskie Creek
Basic User

Basic User
5/7/2010 10:57:41 AM reply with quote send message to Eskie Creek Object to Post

For my goldens I use a couple different kinds of shampoo:
Top performance ProGlo, nice shampoo and love the smell

When I can find (i dont think they make it anymore,but I could be wrong) Winner's Circle Full Figure

And my latest find (really love this shampoo) it makes the coat really fluffy and gives the impression that they dogs has more coat then it really does when they are some what out of coat: Pure Paws Volumizing Shampoo.
 Shattered Remedy
Basic User

Basic User
5/7/2010 12:29:45 PM reply with quote send message to Shattered Remedy Object to Post

posted by SureShot
I use Kelco Plum White. Yes, I have black dogs, but it does a nice job of enhancing the black, and brightening the white so much that it enhances the black even more. Plus, it smells like banana nut muffins.
I LOVE this shampoo! An Aussie breeder recommended it to me and its wonderful. Dilutes and lasts forever, or can be left as a concentrate and used to whiten. Like Sureshot said, it also enhances any colors in the coat, besides just whitening. And the SMELL is amazing! Its natural and organic as well, so you're not bathing your dog in chemicals. wink :)

As a conditioner, Cure Care Conditioner you can get at Sally's works well for hydrating and conditioning the coat.
www.sallybeauty.com/Hair-Skin-Conditioner/SBS-442000,default,pd.html
 jackreacher8
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2018 11:36:55 PM reply with quote send message to jackreacher8 Object to Post

You can read more about dog shampoo and the recommendations here petfoodcare.com.sg/2018/01/23/dog-shampoo-grooming/
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/20/2018 3:44:16 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

posted by CascadeRanch
I use Groomer's Edge - Alpha White.

It gets my Pyrs REALLY white and only in one wash. My Pyrs are just as white or the whitest at the shows I attend. I could not be more pleased with it - not to mention the high concentration and the great price!

www.petedge.com/product/Groomers-Edge-Alpha-White-Shampoos/46827.uts

Oh wow yes, ordered from amazon, just used it. Sophie’s ear’s and back are tannish cream, think will brighten it more, but head sides n legs! Good call Cascade thanks!
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
2/21/2018 1:26:40 AM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by SureShot
Any Banana in ingredients? Remember me, no banana please

Nope but Avocado also a no no for me

-----
Last edited by Purrs_Port on 2/21/2018 1:30:16 AM
 Naemave
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2018 7:20:19 AM reply with quote send message to Naemave Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I used to have Shar-pei, and occasionally one or more would decide to develop some sort of itchy/allergy problem. I tried the oatmeal and the tar shampoos. The only thing that really worked was Medi-Clean shampoo made by Lambert-Kay. It's green in color and sometimes hard to find locally, but I always recommend it because it worked so well on several of my dogs. <a href="https://petapproves.com/best-shampoo-for-pomeranians/" target="_blank" style="border: 1px dashed rgb(19, 255, 0);">https://petapproves.com/best-shampoo-for-pomeranians/</a>

-----
Last edited by Naemave on 9/6/2018 7:39:31 AM
 Naemave
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2018 7:21:01 AM reply with quote send message to Naemave Object to Post

posted by Naemave
I used to have Shar-pei, and occasionally one or more would decide to develop some sort of itchy/allergy problem. I tried the oatmeal and the tar shampoos. The only thing that really worked was Medi-Clean shampoo made by Lambert-Kay. It's green in color and sometimes hard to find locally, but I always recommend it because it worked so well on several of my dogs. [url]https://petapproves.com/best-shampoo-for-pomeranians/[/url]

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.