Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : Dog crawler question
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/5/2019 10:47:53 AM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post   

For some reason my recurring payment didn't get paid and I was downgraded. I have not taken care of it and it ways I will have access to my stuff again. However, that hasn't happened. What do I do if the dog crawler comes and takes all my dogs? How do I get them all back?
 Whiskey Mac
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2019 12:07:51 PM reply with quote send message to Whiskey Mac Object to Post

As far as I understand, you can't get them back once they've been taken. I'm not sure how effective this'll be, but contact Admin. Do your best to stay off your account until this is sorted - I've been told the dog crawler doesn't take dogs from inactive accounts so that the users can still come back and just upgrade without losing all of their hard work.

Good luck!
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2019 12:10:45 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

I'm having a similar issue; I tried to switch out one account and my whole family dropped. sad :( I have tried to contact Jeff every way possible, I hope he sees before it's too late.
 Azawakh Inc.
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2019 1:08:37 PM reply with quote send message to Azawakh Inc. Object to Post

If you move your home account- the one that you subed from- to another account, it will drop all of your other accounts that were under the home account
Not sure if that helps or not
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2019 1:13:54 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

posted by Azawakh Inc.
If you move your home account- the one that you subed from- to another account, it will drop all of your other accounts that were under the home account
Not sure if that helps or not

Yes, that is what happened. I wasn’t actually able to move the home account though, it kicked me out of the management screen and then dropped all of the other kennels the next day. I have been trying to contact admin so he can reset one of them as the managing kennel.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2019 5:01:27 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

posted by Whiskey Mac
As far as I understand, you can't get them back once they've been taken. I'm not sure how effective this'll be, but contact Admin. Do your best to stay off your account until this is sorted - I've been told the dog crawler doesn't take dogs from inactive accounts so that the users can still come back and just upgrade without losing all of their hard work.

Good luck!

I understood it as the same way. However, I don't think the dog crawler is as active as he used t be.

posted by BeauBlanc
I'm having a similar issue; I tried to switch out one account and my whole family dropped. sad :( I have tried to contact Jeff every way possible, I hope he sees before it's too late.
Yeah, he is pretty hard to contact. Last time I had to, I got no reply for quite a while and I ended up having to file a claim through PayPal. PayPal sided with me and then he ended up doing what I had asked. Never got a reply though or anything.
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2019 5:18:10 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

It took 2 weeks but he did actually reply to my email last time I contacted him, and then he did resolve the issue. He said it “had been missed” and then asked me to send a message through SD so they could sort it out. This time I sent an email, a message to both staff and admin, and then this morning I tried to call. I was sent to voicemail and then received a text saying “Please text me” but nothing beyond that so far. I’ll try to refrain from logging into the accounts in the meantime...
 Whispering Springs Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2019 8:56:15 PM reply with quote send message to Whispering Springs Kennel Object to Post

I had a similar issue, Jeff finally was able to fix it but i still logged in the kennel every day. It was down for maybe 2 weeks with 30 dogs in it... no dog crawler.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/6/2019 9:42:27 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Call Jeff directly at the number on the bottom of the site.

See if he will set your other kennels up as a courtesy acct until you get your current situation sorted.

Will
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/6/2019 11:50:43 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Okay, so for some reason Paypal didn't pay the recurring payment on 9/1 like it was supposed to. So I changed the credit card that was paying it and since by then I had actually received a bill from SD in Paypal, I paid it with the new cc. Didn't log in to SD. Then when I did log in this morning, when I went to the main kennel, I had to re-add my family accounts, but everyone is still there. Then when I checked Paypal, apparently it paid with the new cc but it also paid with the old one on 9/6 instead of 9/1. So now I have an issue with Paypal and I have double paid SD. I know there is no chance in heaven I will get a refund of the double payment or that it will be considered paid for the next 12 months. So I went from 0 payment to double payment. What a pain. I am going to make a note on my calendar when it's about time to renew in 6 months to make sure this doesn't happen again.
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2019 12:58:57 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

I would definitely email him if you haven’t already, because he did refund my double payment when it happened, although it took two weeks for him to see the email. If he doesn’t just go through PayPal, they’re super good about these things.

I did try to call him, but just received a message asking me to send a text. I’m not sure if that was automated or if he actually saw it? Either way I’ll wait a few days and try again.
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2019 1:46:23 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

Dog crawler=boogie man
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
9/13/2019 2:13:06 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Providing you don't log back in untill it payment is sorted the crawler shouldn't touch your dog's as the help page says

"If you are a premium user and are downgrading to basic temporarily your dogs will not be removed by the "dog crawler" until you log in as a basic kennel."
 BeauNoir
Basic User

Basic User
9/13/2019 3:37:07 PM reply with quote send message to BeauNoir Object to Post

posted by Whispering Springs Kennel
I had a similar issue, Jeff finally was able to fix it but i still logged in the kennel every day. It was down for maybe 2 weeks with 30 dogs in it... no dog crawler.
My issue still hasn’t been looked at and I have been logging in to those kennels every day. I suspect the dog crawler isn’t active anymore, but I’m not entirely sure so I’m still a little nervous lol. It’s frustrating not being able to get in touch in a timely manner when money is involved though.
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2019 1:11:26 AM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

Update for anyone interested - the dog crawler is definitely still around, but seems to target kennels without pattern. I lost dogs in some kennels but not others, and it didn’t seem to correlate with the ones that I logged into more or less often. sad :(

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.