Search

.com Forum · Dandie Dinmont Terrier

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Dandie Updates
 Blu Harmony Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/13/2019 10:49:06 AM reply with quote send message to Blu Harmony Kennels Object to Post   

Hello everyone!

Looks like the breed is finally starting to gain some traction!
It seems like some kennels are starting from scratch and some are starting from the one old girl. I thought it would be nice to get an active(ish) forum for the breed so we can work together to help the breed take off again!

Please update this board with accomplishments. I would love to hear what everyone's plans are for their program. happy :)
 Blu Harmony Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2019 10:55:06 AM reply with quote send message to Blu Harmony Kennels Object to Post

I will go ahead and introduce myself first...

I have been a member of showdog.com since 2008. I took a 3 year break while I was in college but came back in May of this year. When I came back, I looked at the breed list and picked the 6 lowest breeds. Dandies were one of them.

I was lucky to be able to purchase an old Dandie girl and multiple studs. From what I could see, it was the last of the current dogs available. I have been breeding that girl every ten days to increase the amount of dogs in the breed. Many of you have purchased her pups! My goal is to keep both colors current and continue to raise the SOP without getting into COI issues.

I cant wait to hear from the fellow Dandie community!
 Hyorina
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2019 7:27:02 PM reply with quote send message to Hyorina Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi! I rejoined about a month ago and like you was interested in Dandies because they're low on the breed list. Since there were still some higher SOP dogs, I waited for some to become available and now have an old Firestoaker stud and a Blu Harmony pup happy :)

My pup isn't old enough yet to get into breeding, so I haven't really looked too much into it. How is COI doing? Are there enough older dogs left?

I'm also working on projects in Affenpinschers, Australian Terriers, Bouviers, Mudi, Puli, and Toy Fox Terriers if anyone is interested in getting started in those happy :)

-----
Last edited by Hyorina on 8/13/2019 7:30:21 PM
 Skyfall Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2019 7:33:33 AM reply with quote send message to Skyfall Kennels Object to Post

posted by Hyorina
Hi! I rejoined about a month ago and like you was interested in Dandies because they're low on the breed list. Since there were still some higher SOP dogs, I waited for some to become available and now have an old Firestoaker stud and a Blu Harmony pup happy :)

My pup isn't old enough yet to get into breeding, so I haven't really looked too much into it. How is COI doing? Are there enough older dogs left?

I'm also working on projects in Affenpinschers, Australian Terriers, Bouviers, Mudi, Puli, and Toy Fox Terriers if anyone is interested in getting started in those happy :)

-----

I believe we can keep COI fairly low in the breed. There are thankfully a LOT of studs floating around to keep it low happy :) I am also in Affenpinschers, Puli, and Toy Fox Terriers!
 Blu Harmony Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2019 7:34:21 AM reply with quote send message to Blu Harmony Kennels Object to Post

posted by Skyfall Kennels
posted by Hyorina

-----

I believe we can keep COI fairly low in the breed. There are thankfully a LOT of studs floating around to keep it low happy :) I am also in Affenpinschers, Puli, and Toy Fox Terriers!

Oops! That was me!

-----
Last edited by Blu Harmony Kennels on 8/14/2019 7:35:02 AM
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2019 10:34:27 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

I've only got a few Dandies but I'm working on slowly increasing how many I've got. I also like to work on rare breeds - my other main focus is Spinone Italianos in another account which I took from breed rank 185 to rank 72 (and climbing!) by myself.

I'm also in Bichons but my dogs are severely lagging behind and with the recent death of some studs my lines are going to be struggling.

My highest SOP dandie is 93.95, and I am sessioning a couple to show. I doubt I'll make it very far since I think I am lagging behind in SOP, but we'll see.
 Blu Harmony Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2019 8:19:19 AM reply with quote send message to Blu Harmony Kennels Object to Post

I put some dandie studs up for sale, and if anyone wants any girls, let me know.. I'm happy to share!
 Blu Harmony Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2019 8:20:55 AM reply with quote send message to Blu Harmony Kennels Object to Post

posted by Myths
I've only got a few Dandies but I'm working on slowly increasing how many I've got. I also like to work on rare breeds - my other main focus is Spinone Italianos in another account which I took from breed rank 185 to rank 72 (and climbing!) by myself.

I'm also in Bichons but my dogs are severely lagging behind and with the recent death of some studs my lines are going to be struggling.

My highest SOP dandie is 93.95, and I am sessioning a couple to show. I doubt I'll make it very far since I think I am lagging behind in SOP, but we'll see.

Wow! Great job on spinones! I also have Bichons and am willing to share those as well! I ***think*** I might be able to get to 80 SOP before the last bichon stud dies... but then it will be a pain for the next generation haha

-----
Last edited by Blu Harmony Kennels on 8/16/2019 8:22:23 AM
 Hyorina
Basic User

Basic User
8/19/2019 6:17:19 PM reply with quote send message to Hyorina Object to Post

My girl is finally old enough to breed, so I did some stud research today! Here are the studs I've found that aren't on the stud dogs page:

- www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15766348
- www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Ch+Firestoaker+Full+Salute
- www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16584623
- www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16584613
- www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16614400
- www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16754149

These are ordered from oldest to youngest. The oldest is 779, so you may want to breed to him sooner rather than later :P Breeding to him lowered my COI to 0%!

Let me know if you know of any others, and I can add them to the list!

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.