Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Questions Not Found In Guide
 Beautiful Shelties
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/10/2019 10:14:14 AM reply with quote send message to Beautiful Shelties Object to Post   

Hi:

I'm very new here and have run into some questions I haven't been able to find the answers for.

1. At what age is a female no longer able to breed? The males?

2. When attempting to buy an older dog - where do you look to find if they've been retired from showing - and does that automatically eliminate their breeding ability?

Case in Point - I just purchased a 66 day old female -

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16876471

I see the button to retire her - but no such button for breeding or "All Offspring."

BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2019 10:19:30 AM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

1. All dogs can breed until someone manually retires them, which alters the dog and makes it so that they don’t count towards the 30 dog limit; or until they die.

2. A dog that is retired will appear as an altered male or altered female. Otherwise they can show until they are 120 days old. A retired dog can’t be bred, an over age dog can.

The dog you have probably can’t be bred because they have had a recent litter. Females must wait 5 days between litters.

Edit: I doubled checked and her most recent litter is 4 days old, so she should be breed-able tomorrow. happy :)

-----
Last edited by BeauBlanc on 8/10/2019 10:22:00 AM
 Beautiful Shelties
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2019 10:25:11 AM reply with quote send message to Beautiful Shelties Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Beautiful Shelties on 8/10/2019 10:30:35 AM
 Beautiful Shelties
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2019 10:29:43 AM reply with quote send message to Beautiful Shelties Object to Post

As I said earlier - I'm not seeing this:

"All Offspring"

where did you find the info about her last litter?

and thank you for finding it.
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2019 10:44:18 AM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post

when you click on view all dogs and click on her, you will see a list of things on the right then u will see the buttons for sessions under that you will see the sessions buttons for obedience under that you will see dog notes right under that it will say links in that box it will say all show results under that one it will say (ALL OFFSPRING) click on that i did it for your dog she has 4 day old pups you will be able to show and breed her when pups are 5 days old
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2019 1:57:16 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

Yes, it is under the header “Links” on the right side of the dogs page.
 Beautiful Shelties
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2019 4:00:13 PM reply with quote send message to Beautiful Shelties Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I found it now

i wasn't scrolling down on the page far enough

i didn't realize it's down below 'dog notes'

thanks guys!!!

-----
Last edited by Beautiful Shelties on 8/10/2019 4:52:12 PM

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.