Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Where's jeff
 bloodbear
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/9/2019 7:35:41 PM reply with quote send message to bloodbear Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I just want to say thank you for creating this game. I love it. It's the perfect blend of realism and play.

You can spend however much time you want on it or how little time you want. The stats are pretty realistic. The time it takes to build up a breed is more realistic than a few days or weeks like in other games.

I love building pedigrees and putting together names and seeing the effects of linebreeding and inbreeding or outcrossing, and how there is internal info we can't see such as dogs who are good in shows and dogs who aren't, dogs who breed well and dogs who don't, and how that gets passed down. (Don't know how that was programmed but cool!)

I hope you are doing ok! I've been on and off this game for over 10 years and it's always been enjoyable time spent.

-----
Last edited by bloodbear on 8/9/2019 7:35:59 PM
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/9/2019 8:54:43 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Great question! Still waiting for the upload of my breed's color images a year and a half after the original query.
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/9/2019 10:56:53 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

Totally agree. I had to give up showing real dogs and miss it terribly. This game is the only thing that even comes close to helping. I'd be lost without it.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/9/2019 11:38:23 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yep, me too. Would be great to get a few things tweaked, responses to issues. I keep hoping.
 bloodbear
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/10/2019 3:42:12 AM reply with quote send message to bloodbear Object to Post

This isn't a complaint post. It's a thank you post.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2019 5:24:06 AM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

posted by bloodbear
I think so many people love the game, that they just wish to see it being improved or even worked on a little.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/10/2019 5:54:35 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by bloodbear
That's nice, but this is a public board and the question of where the game developer is when elements of the game are missing is worthy of discussion.

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 8/10/2019 5:54:53 AM
 bloodbear
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/12/2019 1:23:04 AM reply with quote send message to bloodbear Object to Post

Then it can be done elsewhere. I won't be a part of it. happy :)
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/12/2019 5:02:10 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Again, this is a public forum.

If you wish to send a private note to admin, without criticism, that can be done via PM.

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 8/12/2019 5:05:40 AM

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 8/12/2019 4:04:49 PM
 bloodbear
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/12/2019 7:27:18 PM reply with quote send message to bloodbear Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by bloodbear on 8/12/2019 7:30:48 PM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/14/2019 2:17:42 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Yup, great game.
No major complaints here.

-----
Last edited by Clwyd Cockers on 8/14/2019 2:17:58 PM
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/14/2019 3:44:30 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Honestly, I am just glad the game still functions with minimal glitches.

Even after Jeff's last round of updates and a spiffy facelift, the game hasn't expanded beyond its current user base. We are lucky the game hasn't been terminated like others under the Thirdrow umbrella.

15+ years is a long life cycle for any game.

Will

Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/14/2019 7:52:25 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

I just keep holding my breathe, terrified that some day my 11 years of hard work will be gone in so many breeds. I would miss it terribly.
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2019 1:48:03 AM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

Yes, I had to give up showing/breeding and keeping numbers of dogs as well because of poor health and this game enables me to enjoy all that here. I came back a couple of years ago when my husband got Cancer and we were so shocked worried. Show Dog took me away from the horror and gave me an hour or two of remission each day. I'm sure its what kept me on an even keel. This game is so clever, there are so many layers to it, you keep learning how it works so its never boring. Long may it continue.

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.