.com Forum · Affenpinscher

Replies in this thread : 47
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Affenpinscher Talk
 Yishar Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/16/2019 9:33:04 PM reply with quote send message to Yishar Kennel Object to Post   

Hi!

Looks like the breed needs help and there are some out there working on it already happy :)

I'll post a list of studs below and if anyone has any more, feel free to post as well.

Please update this board with accomplishments as well. I am not starting a true source program (too lazy) but let's see where this goes.
 Yishar Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2019 9:35:27 PM reply with quote send message to Yishar Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

torokiseru
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2019 10:41:08 PM reply with quote send message to torokiseru Object to Post

I don’t have any to add to your list; those are the same ones I was able to find.

I’m not really sure what I am doing! Does anyone understand the coat color genetics? How can multiple colors be AA for example?

-----
Last edited by torokiseru on 7/16/2019 10:41:38 PM
 Yishar Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2019 9:10:31 AM reply with quote send message to Yishar Kennel Object to Post

Hi!

I don't really know either, unfortunately, just going to take it color by color. I have had success in other breeds as far as reviving colors but not based in any real science... I'll try to find some old color genetics boards if I can.
 Majestic Wonders
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2019 10:48:39 AM reply with quote send message to Majestic Wonders Object to Post

Yay! I'm not alone. Unfortunately, BHK left the day I started and never accepted my offer for a good SOP girl. So back to the start!

These are the color genetics. SInce this breed is fairly simple, I'll try to explain... Both the bitch and the stud will pass half their genetic makeup to the offspring. If you have a Belge bitch and a Red stud, you could get either get AtAy or AyAy. SO this means you could get Belge pups, Silver, or Red.

Belge AtAy
Black AA
Black AAt
Black AAy
Black and Tan AtAt
Gray AA
Gray AAt
Gray AAy
Red AyAy
Silver AtAt
Silver AtAy
Silver AyAy
 torokiseru
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2019 5:33:42 PM reply with quote send message to torokiseru Object to Post

Thanks, that was helpful happy :)

Anyone need some additional starters? I made some available in case anyone needs them, but I'll be FHing at the end of the day.
 Yishar Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2019 7:59:20 PM reply with quote send message to Yishar Kennel Object to Post

Thank you, Majestic!

And purchased your starter, needed another grey bitch
 Majestic Wonders
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2019 12:47:31 PM reply with quote send message to Majestic Wonders Object to Post

So I was able to locate one alive affenpinscher girl!!! She’s an old one but hopefully she has a litter left in her!

showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16597767
 Yishar Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2019 3:26:35 PM reply with quote send message to Yishar Kennel Object to Post

Excellent! And B&T, my favorite! Her guys should help diversify the lines

10 litters here, I need to go through the cream of the crop in a moment...
 Yishar Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2019 3:29:17 PM reply with quote send message to Yishar Kennel Object to Post

Oh, and I forgot to ask:

Are you guys using the "Old Ratings" for this breed?
 Tier 2
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2019 4:13:20 PM reply with quote send message to Tier 2 Object to Post

I placed a few gen 1 up if anyone wants them for breeding
 Majestic Wonders
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2019 9:13:19 PM reply with quote send message to Majestic Wonders Object to Post

I am using the new ratings, just because I have so many kennels and it is easier that way!
 torokiseru
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2019 6:23:20 PM reply with quote send message to torokiseru Object to Post

I didn’t even know there are multiple rating systems. What is the difference?

Nice find, Majestic! happy :)
 Majestic Wonders
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2019 8:04:20 AM reply with quote send message to Majestic Wonders Object to Post

posted by torokiseru
I didn’t even know there are multiple rating systems. What is the difference?

Nice find, Majestic! happy :)

So a couple years ago, most of the breeds were hitting 100 SOP. The game was losing players and interest because you cant do any better than 100. So admin tweaked the ratings on the dogs to reflect hidden data (a 10 head went to a 9 head, 9.3 coat went to a 7 coat).This was fine for the breeds doing well, but for the breeds still in the 70's, it took them back to basically starter dog quality. And people wanted to be able to see the old ratings so they could distinguish that their dog with a new 20.0 head had an 8.2 head in the old rating... They were able to use the old rating to pair the dogs properly...

Example- You would think a 0 head and a 0 head would produce a 0 head, but if you used the old system, you could see it was an 8.2 head and an 8.4 head. Together, lets say they produced an 8.5 head in the old system. This could take it up to a 3 or 4 head in the new system.
 Majestic Wonders
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2019 12:15:40 PM reply with quote send message to Majestic Wonders Object to Post

I have a bunch of dogs for sale! All will be FH'd in a couple days if anyone is interested... You can offer whatever on them, I'll accept anything happy :)
 Yishar Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2019 5:11:54 PM reply with quote send message to Yishar Kennel Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Yishar Kennel on 7/26/2019 5:16:37 PM
 Double Diamond Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2019 9:26:34 AM reply with quote send message to Double Diamond Kennel Object to Post

Finally gained access to this account, will upgrade ASAP.
Would be very interested in helping out and getting started with this breed.
Let me know what I can do!!
 Majestic Wonders
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2019 10:14:33 AM reply with quote send message to Majestic Wonders Object to Post

I just bred the good SOP bitch again, if anyone wants a pup, please message me! happy :)
 Majestic Wonders
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2019 12:58:01 PM reply with quote send message to Majestic Wonders Object to Post

I am showing my red girl (from starter lines). If anyone wants to join in the ring happy :) I won't enter the good SOP's against the starter lines since I will continue both lines.
 Yishar Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2019 1:22:37 PM reply with quote send message to Yishar Kennel Object to Post

Oh, I'll session a few for Nationals on the 13th for fun. Hope they arent dismissed!
 torokiseru
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2019 5:38:30 PM reply with quote send message to torokiseru Object to Post

posted by Majestic Wonders
I am showing my red girl (from starter lines). If anyone wants to join in the ring happy :) I won't enter the good SOP's against the starter lines since I will continue both lines.
I entered one that's partially sessioned and pregnant, so uh... enjoy your win XD

Replies in this thread : 47
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.