Search

.com Forum · Simulation Dogs For Sale

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Any breeds in need of starters for a specific color?
 showcavaliers
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/4/2019 7:44:38 PM reply with quote send message to showcavaliers Object to Post   

Hi!

I've had this account for ages & I have some money saved up, I've been wondering what to do with it for years since I can't make shows or add payouts. I'm only showing a couple dogs right now and will probably be gone again once Im done with them because I dont really have time & it was only nostalgia that brought me back for a bit

So I was wondering if anyone needs specific colors for their breeds, not matter the starter price I'll sell to you for $100

happy :)
 Ruan
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2019 4:21:18 AM reply with quote send message to Ruan Object to Post

Would you be able to make me a couple of Chow Chow bitches in Rough Blue?

Thank you. happy :)
 ambertal
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2019 6:27:33 AM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post

posted by Ruan

I found a rough blue bitch for sale.
 showcavaliers
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2019 7:34:52 AM reply with quote send message to showcavaliers Object to Post

posted by Ruan

Sure let me know if you still want, or you just want that bitch ^

Im a bit confused about how starters work now since its not how it used to be before....
Can anyone buy starters at any time? I thought since the prices are so crazy in some of the breeds it had been changed to anyone can buy a starter at any time [but only get 5 free ones when they sign up?]

If thats not the case how do I know how many starters I have left?
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2019 8:47:04 AM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

I believe you get your free ones, then anyone can buy anything. Here is the link to buy starters:
www.showdog.com/users/newstarters.aspx

Or you can find it under:
My Account
Miscellaneous
Purchase Starter Dogs
 Ruan
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2019 10:43:54 AM reply with quote send message to Ruan Object to Post

posted by ambertal
posted by Ruan

I made an offer on that bitch more than a week ago, but the owner hasn't logged into their account in almost a month.

I've been trying to get my hands on any Chows I can, regardless of SOP, because of genetic diversity issues. But most of the Chows in the game are in inactive accounts, out of reach, hence my desire for some starters to work with.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2019 6:57:10 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

posted by Ruan
posted by ambertal
posted by Ruan

I made an offer on that bitch more than a week ago, but the owner hasn't logged into their account in almost a month.

I've been trying to get my hands on any Chows I can, regardless of SOP, because of genetic diversity issues. But most of the Chows in the game are in inactive accounts, out of reach, hence my desire for some starters to work with.

Have you looked through old, inactive accounts for old studs? I know, in my breed, I was able to find some 700-800 day old, ancient studs. The one I bred to, then the next day he was deceased. Must have used all his energy, lol.
If you want some help, maybe I can see if I can find some like how I found mine.
 Ruan
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2019 3:22:13 AM reply with quote send message to Ruan Object to Post

posted by Emily.Rose
Have you looked through old, inactive accounts for old studs? I know, in my breed, I was able to find some 700-800 day old, ancient studs. The one I bred to, then the next day he was deceased. Must have used all his energy, lol.
If you want some help, maybe I can see if I can find some like how I found mine.

How do I do that, find old inactive accounts to look for studs?
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2019 2:54:10 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

posted by Ruan
How do I do that, find old inactive accounts to look for studs?
I sent you a message with some of the only ones I could find. Seems like chow chows had their heyday in 2008 then fell out of popularity.
I go to dogs of merit or top of all time and look through those. Find lines through there and go to the owner or breeder's page and look under their "Champions Finished" and "Champions Bred" tabs. You can find inactive accounts who have bought dogs and put them up for stud and then quit. Looking through old dogs offspring can also find some inactive accounts with some goodies. It takes a while, but you can usually find some odd studs here and there.
 Ruan
Basic User

Basic User
5/7/2019 6:43:49 AM reply with quote send message to Ruan Object to Post

posted by Emily.Rose
I sent you a message with some of the only ones I could find. Seems like chow chows had their heyday in 2008 then fell out of popularity.
I go to dogs of merit or top of all time and look through those. Find lines through there and go to the owner or breeder's page and look under their "Champions Finished" and "Champions Bred" tabs. You can find inactive accounts who have bought dogs and put them up for stud and then quit. Looking through old dogs offspring can also find some inactive accounts with some goodies. It takes a while, but you can usually find some odd studs here and there.

Thanks! happy :) I have another account with a breed with no active players, no dogs for sale or at stud, so I've had to go right back to starters. Searching for old studs will help me with that project, too!
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
5/7/2019 3:20:03 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

posted by Ruan
Thanks! happy :) I have another account with a breed with no active players, no dogs for sale or at stud, so I've had to go right back to starters. Searching for old studs will help me with that project, too!
What breed is it? Maybe I can see if I can help you.
 Ruan
Basic User

Basic User
5/7/2019 4:51:12 PM reply with quote send message to Ruan Object to Post

posted by Emily.Rose
What breed is it? Maybe I can see if I can help you.
Rhodesian Ridgebacks, but using the method you described, I was able to not only find a bunch of studs, but also 2 bitches and 3 dogs for sale in an account that went inactive last August. And they're only ~260 days old, so I can get a few litters out of them!

They're all pretty closely related, so I'll probably still need my starters to get a decent line going, but it's something, at least.
 showcavaliers
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2019 8:42:46 PM reply with quote send message to showcavaliers Object to Post

bump, I can still make more for whoever needs!
 showcavaliers
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2019 9:23:34 PM reply with quote send message to showcavaliers Object to Post

bump

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.